« Home | I am SO OVER meat. » | I may take things too personally... » | Can't think of a title » | Grocerying » | It's gonna be a long trip » | And "veggea" means...? »

Amazon makes kittens cry

This is the last time I order from Amazon and take advantage of the "great deal" of Super Saver Shipping...I ordered my books early on the 17th, and they still haven't been shipped. All of the books were labeled as "available to ship within 24" hours, and my likely arrival date is somewhere between the 26th and the 30th. I should've just paid the few extra dollars to get regular shipping, or (better yet) just bought from somewhere else, like Barnes and Noble.

So, in the meantime, while I waste away without my cookbooks (hah!), I've been busy trying to scope out vegan (or at least vegetarian) friendly places at the mall where I work. Since I have to eat lunch or dinner there a couple times a week or bring my own from home, I figure it's worth my while to see what they have. The answer is, of course...not a whole freaking lot. Frullati has an awesome fruit salad - they give you a huge portion for $3 - and they have really good breads and muffins, all of which I'm sure have egg and/or milk products, though. There's a Taco Bell, but there's something about that place that just gives me the willies. Great Wraps has hummus wraps, but their hummus is NASTY. Ugh. I shudder to remember it, and I didn't think that hummus could conceivably be anything other than wonderful.

There are a couple of other places that serve wraps, but I'm not sure about the ingredients in them or the ingredients in their dressings. I guess I need to get on to that!

It looks like I'll probably be packing my meals, which is okay. It'll save me money and I won't have to suffer through the "Aw man, I don't want to eat that AGAIN" of food court life.

I haven't been, but apparently the Couva Calypso Cafe on Montvue has some vegan options. http://www.calypsocafe.com/

Post a Comment