« Home | A milestone » | Odds and ends » | Hooray for books! » | Amazon makes kittens cry » | I am SO OVER meat. » | I may take things too personally... » | Can't think of a title » | Grocerying » | It's gonna be a long trip » | And "veggea" means...? »

Not much to report

I haven't been updating much because there isn't much updateable that's been happening. I've been really tired lately, and haven't felt like cooking much - I've been eating lots of hummus, Crispix, and Smucker's Uncrustables.

I made some Garbanzo Tacos for lunch today, and it was actually really good. I was surprised by how much it tastes like "real" tacos. It really hit the spot with some lettuce, tomatos, taco sauce, and a splash of Texas Pete. Yum!

I also saw a delicious-sounding satay sauce recipe on "30 Minute Meals" tonight. Of course, Rachel made it with chicken, but I was thinking that this sauce would be good with the Lightlife Chik'n Strips that are currently chilling out in my fridge or even on some tempeh. She mixed in some grilled scallions with the end product, too, and piled it all on a kaiser roll. I'll have to give it a go soon, I think I have everything in my pantry but the apple juice.

Satay Sauce

3 rounded tablespoons chunky peanut butter
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce, Tamari, eyeball it
1/4 cup apple juice, eyeball it
2 teaspoons hot sauce, eyeball it
1 lime, juiced

Place peanut butter in a medium, microwave safe bowl and soften in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Whisk soy, apple juice, hot sauce and lime juice into peanut butter. Toss chicken (or something other than animal flesh) with satay sauce.